My favourite piece of technology is the sewing machine, when I was 4 or 5 years old (I don´t remember) my parents gave me a mini toy sewing machine, I never used it much because I didn´t know very well how to control it, but I wanted to learn in this time my goal was to make clothes for my barbies, but over the years that thought changed.

When I was 17 I dusted off my mom's old sewing machine and tried to learn for myself how to make that machine work, I remember I spent a whole day trying to sew straight lines and fighting with the machine but with the years and a lot of practice I persevered until get to sew some things.
When I was 20 years old, my dad gave me a sewing machine and my projects became more and more complex, nowadays all the curtains and tablecloths in my house are made by me, but I also made jackets, t-shirts, skirts, gloves and fix a lot of old clothes.

Some time ago I inherited an old sewing machine, I love it because it is very vintage and belonged to my great-grandfather's sister, whom i never met so I have a very special love for that machine.
Many of my projects would not have come true if it were not for the sewing machine, thanks to this I can make my creativity come true, the sewing machine saves a lot of time unlike sewing only with needle and thread and even though I have a kind of love and hate relationship with sewing, one of my favorite activities is sewing.

Comentarios

Entradas populares